Pancakes have been an essential breakfast for many households for many years and they find fluffy pancakes highly irresistible, they are a delightful way for you to get the weekend started and with just a few ingredients you can whip up in your kitchen, you will have smooth fluffy pancakes in no time.
Pancakes are well enjoyed when they are fluffy however not everyone can make fully pancakes but not to worry all you need are simple guidelines and tips to make them fluffy and smooth. Using the right cooking tools is the first time to making perfect fluffy pancakes.
In order to cook the best golden brown fluffy pancakes, you need to get the temperature right especially when using a griddle pan and there are lot’s of classic recipes to help you make delicious fluffy pancakes and if you are using a griddle pan, this makes it easier and the whole household can enjoy a fluffy delicious pancake in no time.
Would you like to learn how to make easy fluffy pancakes using a griddle pan? There are a great many options to choose from when it comes to pancakes however key tips are important for making it fluffy hence read on to discover how to make your dream pancakes a reality in your own kitchen.
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes Using A Griddle Pan
Pancakes are best enjoyed when they are crispy, fluffy and fresh from the griddle and a lot of people prefer their pancakes fluffy. It appears nice, has a good texture and is readily available to be eaten. There is a whole variety of pancakes to explore and you can always create your own recipe but here are simple guides to follow when cooking a fluffy delicious pancake. This is one reason it is always said that one should not over mix the batter as this will make the pancake come out very flat, rubbery and tough.
- In getting fluffier pancakes, beat the egg white separately then add the yolk of the eggs to the other wet contents, mix, once done mix it with the dry contents such as the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Do this without the mixed egg white. Before starting to cook, put in the mixed egg white into the griddle pan in a folded form. Then ensure the batter has been mixed properly, allow it rest for about 15 to 30 minutes or you could even leave it aside overnight depending on how you want your pancake.
- This makes the wet content properly soak in thereby resulting in a better and fluffier texture. One secret to getting your pancakes fluffy is the presence of the protein called gluten, this protein can be derived when the right dry and wet ingredients resulting in a mixture happens.
- When the dry and wet contents are mixed, the gluten protein becomes loose then begin to link up and form a network. When prepared on the griddle pan the loose gluten protein helps keep the pancake fluffy on fire. Makes sure the bubbles are seen before you flip the pancake with the spatula.
- When flipping, make sure you do it just once so that it comes out fluffy. Once you prepare your pancake this way on the griddle pan, it will definitely come out very fluffy.
Why do may pancakes stick to the griddle?
Many different things can cause your pancakes to stick to the griddle and knowing what they are can help you prevent them. Here are possible reasons why your pancakes are sticking to the griddles:
- The first reason you should look out for is the temperature of your pan, it may be way too hot which will cause oil/butter to burn along with the pancakes thereby causing it to stick to your griddle
- You may not have added enough butter/oil to enable it to spread evenly across the griddle
- Trying to flip the pancakes before the first side is properly cooked will cause it to stick to the griddle pan. ensure you see a bubble form and brown edges before you flip
- If a lot of things are sticking to your griddle then this might mean it is not properly hence you should ensure it is properly seasoned before flipping.
Can you eat undercooked pancakes?
No, you shouldn’t eat undercooked pancakes as this is likely to make you sick. Do not taste or eat raw dough or batter and pancakes made from scratch has eggs in the batter but as long as you don’t drink the batter or leave an uncooked bit in the middle of the pancakes then it’s totally safe.
Can you freeze pancakes? How long do they last?
Yes, you can freeze panckaes for 1-2 months depending on how fluffy they are and when properly stored and maintained, frozen pancakes remain safe to eat for 2 months and you can definitely store pancakes in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Place them in a freezer bag with a piece of parchment paper in between each of them and store in the freezer for a few months as long as the package is not damaged.